Skip to main content

Tools I Use When Making Polymer Clay Miniatures

I love to make polymer clay miniatures. Actually any kind of polymer clay thing in fact. I've been in polymer clay making for a few years now. Its so much fun. Now a lot more people are doing it. I remember when I started I only had my polymer clay and a few plastic tools. I had no idea on which tools to get. It was a tough time trying to make a miniature without the right tools. So, here are my tools I use when making polymer clay miniatures.

One of my first tools I got was my X-acto knife. When it comes to cutting small pieces out or just cutting stuff in general, my X-acto knife helps me so much. I have the regular size X-acto knife. I know that there are different sized ones with different styled blades. But I only own the regular one. It works really well to be honest. You just have to remember to be careful because you need to remember, knifes are not toys. You can still cut yourself if your not being careful. Always make sure your being careful with your X-acto knife.
  The next thing is a pack of tools. I purchased the pack form Michael's a while back, and I still see it there still. It comes with a variety of both sided tools including needle tools, texture brush, etc. I use these almost every single time a make a miniature. There so helpful when it comes to things like details, texture types, and making things look more realistic. So I for sure recommend getting a variety pack of tools like these.

     Now this is such a simple way to make one of your own texture tools. Take a piece of aluminum foil, and crumble it up into a ridged ball. This is an easy way to add texture to your polymer clay creations. When I'm not completely in the mood to do a intricate hand texture on one of my creations I can just roll around the ball of aluminum foil on it and it will give the same affect as if I had did it by hand.

     So this tool is more for after your creation is done baking. A handy pair of small tweezers. Its for when you want to add a bit more detail using acrylic paint or water color to something. Before I had these when I wanted to add smaller details using paint I was holding my miniature in my hand while I did it. But when I went to set it down my hand rubbed against the wet part of my miniature and it was ruined. Now with my tweezers, I can pick it up and set it down easily without the hassle of ruining it.
   So my last tool is going to be my dotting tool. This tool isn't specifically made for polymer clay, but it was at Joann's for cheap so I thought id give it a try. It has grips on it so when I'm working I wont end up with blisters. It doesn't have as big of tips as a regular dotting tool would. But it has smaller dotting tips so that means I'm able to have a bit more of an intricate detail.  Over all I think it works completely fine as a dotting tool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Faux Christmas Cookies

Well Christmas is on its way! Around Christmas time my family and I always make Christmas cookies, the thing is when I want to have them in my room as a part of the holiday look for the season ants like to come and nibble off the cookies. plus they don't last forever. Especially around a girl who loves junk food. So these faux Christmas cookies will do just the trick for completing any room for a classic Christmas look.

Yummy Nummies Mini Kitchen Magic Candy Sushi Maker

I saw this Yummy Nummies mini kitchen magic set and I had to try it out. I've heard good things about it saying it was a whole lot of fun. I got the candy sushi surprise maker, it doesn't involve any baking. And tastes like candy flavored fun!

Popular Hair Color Trends For 2017

Yeah!! It is now 2017, which means its a new year to start on you resolutions, plans, and changes. One of those changes may be your hair color. So many people are choosing to dye there hair as one of there changes. With so many hair colors out there to choose from, sometimes it can be hard to choose one, but with a new year, comes new color trends. These are some hair colors that are going to be popular in 2017.